Monday, March 26, 2007
Assignment 5: Excel Dice Simulator assigned for Wednesday
- Maple Commands:
- Ctrl t -> transfers to text mode
- restart; -> removes all defined varibles
- Insert- Sectiont -> Inserts a section into the sheet which can then be divided into more subsections. Can be hidden or viewed by pressed the +/- button next to the section name.
- f:= -> defines a function which allows the user to simply type in f(x) (or a particular variable) instead of the entire function
- F3 -> Splits execution groups
- F4 -> Joins execution groups
Wednesday, March 28, 2007
Began work on a set of calculus problems by hand and followed by checking answer with Maple.
Continue working with Maple:
- implicit differentiation [Type in: implicitdiff(equation,y,x);]
- defining a variable
- plotting a function [Type in: plot(equation or f(x),x=-3..3); The x=-3..3 is the range.]
- g := unapply(%,x); takes an expression and converts it to a function.
- evalf(%); gives a decimal answer instead of the exact answer.
- I is what you write for imaginary numbers.
Study for quiz on Maple on Friday
Friday, March 30, 2007
Quiz: doing equations on Maple