Week 7 notes
by Allison Hess and Carly Budd
Day 18 - Monday, February 26, 2007
- We began Matrices
- Matrix- a rectangular array of numbers
- Looks like rows and columns of numbers within parenthesis and size is given by # of rows x # of columns [ex. 2x2]
- Matrices in Excel:
- Highlight matrix and name it in upper left corner, then hit enter. Each matrix must have a different name in a given workbook.
- To multiply matrices, highlight the given area the result will take up and type in: =mmult(array1,array2) and then hit Ctrl, Shift, and Enter. To get names of matrices, use the "array1" links or by hitting F3.
- To find inverse of a matrix type in: =minverse(array1) Note: Inverses of matrices only work if the matrix is square.
Day 19 - Wednesday, February 28, 2007
- Discovering Computers Quiz 6 assigned to be taken by 10am Thursday, March 1.
- Continued work on Matrices
Day 20 - Friday, March 2, 2007
Assignment 3 assigned: TI-89 Calculator Assignment using the tutorial found on the class wiki.
- PB Wiki Experimenting & Creating www.pbwiki.com
- Sitename is your initials and csm154
- Address is your sitename.pbwiki.com
- Formatting in PB Wiki is in WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) form